- Responsible for oversite of all league responsibilities; including the baseball product, league financials for revenues and expenditures, and league events.
- Responsible for representing SMVLL at all District 68 events requiring SMVLL participation.
- Lead of the Board of Directors and Executive Committee.
Vice President of Baseball
- The Vice President oversees all Baseball Roles and fulfills the duties of the President in their absence.
- Upon the President or Vice Presidents discretion, may assume other Board Member responsibilities that have not been fulfilled.
- Typically, a member of the Executive Committee.
Vice President of Operations
- The Vice President of Operations oversees all Operations Roles
- Upon the President or Director of Operations discretion, may assume other Board Member responsibilities that have not been fulfilled.
- Typically, a member of the Executive Committee.
- Develop and implement a Safety Plan for increasing safety of activities, equipment, and facilities, to provide a safe environment for players.
- Work with District for review and approval of the safety plan.
- Ensure the league members are provided safety education, ensure compliance of Safety Plan and Code of Conduct, and define a process for reporting safety issues.
- Provide safety equipment for managers (first aid kit and ice), and for the field (AED for snack shack)
- Responsible for validating all incoming revenue and outgoing expenses from League bank accounts.
- Responsible for signing all checks for league expenditures, refunds, etc.
- Responsible for preparing a monthly statement to the Board of Directors detailing all financial activity over the past month.
- Responsible for providing a yearly financial summary to the Board of Directors and District 68.
Snack Bar (Lead & Assistant)
- Supply the snack bar with appropriate items to sell.
- Ensure appropriate coverage of snack bar and barbecue.
- Provide the Director of Operations and Treasurer with snack bar expense/revenue reports.
- Responsible for ensuring all Board members and Spring teams sign up an SMVLL Sponsor.
- Responsible for engaging with businesses in the community to find additional sponsors to support the league.
- Responsible for supporting sponsors through the registration process and working with Website to publish sponsor bios and images.
- Responsible for Opening and Closing Ceremonies, fundraising events, Picture Day, Mom’s and Bombs, Roadrunner and Home Run Derby, and Angel’s Day
- Schedule league meetings, record meeting minutes, store and distribute meeting minutes.
- Responsible for communication from League (Board of Directors) to League Membership. This includes general notifications, notifications for registration open/close, notification of league or community events,
- Responsible for tracking overall SMVLL Events Calendar and working with website person to keep accurate calendar on website.
- Responsible for creation and distribution of monthly SMVLL Newsletter
Social Media Coordinator
- Responsible for managing the SMVLL brand on social media. This includes determining ways to utilize social media to maintain a positive image of SMVLL on social media that focuses on our priorities of “Kids, families and community”, and utilize social media to help increase league awareness and registration numbers.
- Responsible for working with Communications to ensure League communications are appropriately published to applicable Social Media platforms.
Responsible for all aspects of the website. This includes overall structure and content of the website, creation and maintenance of the registration systems, league forms and league documents, helping to ensure we have accurate member data, working with the Communication person to publishing new content such as the monthly newsletter, notices of registration open/close, acknowledgment of league or team accomplishments, etc.
- Responsible for developing and building a relationship with the city of Mission Viejo to ensure SMVLL provides representation at important city events, engages with SMVLL membership to inform them of city events, and helps determine new ways to engage with the city to support our community.
- Responsible for community outreach to schools, churches, daycare programs, etc. to help build awareness of the SMVLL baseball programs available to our youth.
- Plan uniform sizing event to help ensure players receive proper size uniforms.
- Coordinate with teams for requested uniform teams, and player names and numbers to plan for uniform orders. This includes Spring, All Star and Fall seasons.
- Work with Executive Committee to price out uniforms and plan the order options. Order uniforms, and coordinate distribution once received.
- Provide uniform cost information to Director of Operations and Treasurer and make appropriate payments.
- Work with vendors to provide purchasable SMVLL merchandise for league members, and update website with SMVLL store information each year. This includes general merchandise as well as special event merchandise, such as Mom’s and Bombs, Home Run Derby, etc.
- Maintain record of players in the league, and work with President to verify residence and age eligibility for all players.
- Run tryout process for all ages
Umpire in Chief
- Coordinate and schedule training programs for umpires in the league.
- Oversee game schedule of volunteer umpires to ensure proper coverage of games.
- Maintain relationship with District 68 Chief Umpire and attend all district umpire events.
Fields and Equipment
- Work with city to maintain fields and batting cage areas assigned to the league.
- Order necessary equipment to maintain the fields and prepare fields for games. This can include fencing, fence covers, L screens, chalk, paint, etc.
- Order necessary equipment for managers and players to use during the season. This can include bags, nets, catchers gear, balls, etc.
Lead Division Representative
- Support each of the division representatives and ensure each division representative is accomplishing their designated tasks.
- Represent all divisions during manager interviews, tryouts and the draft process.
- Maintain ‘Manager Field Scheduler’ detailing contact information for all divisions (Reps, Managers, Coaches, Team Parents), and field availability with assignable time slots for practices and games that can be used by Division Representatives for team schedules.
- Develop game schedule for all divisions, and work with Website person to get schedule uploaded.
Each division (Juniors/Seniors, Majors, AAA, AA, A, Coach Pitch and Tee Ball) will be assigned a division representative.
Team Parent Representative
- Represent the division during manager interviews, tryouts and the draft process.
- Support the managers and coaches for their division.
- Work with the Lead Representative to schedule practices and games for their division.
- Work with Umpire in Chief to schedule umpires for games.
- Represent the league at some practices and/or games for their division. This includes interacting with families to answer questions and ensure the product of SMVLL baseball is satisfactory for their division.
- Coordinate communications between Team Parents
- Work with Director of Operations to plan and schedule Team Parent training.
- Coordinate with Team Parents on collection of pictures, and work with Director of Operations to design and order yearbooks.
- Responsible for creating the season game schedules, including working with other leagues to coordinate the interleague schedule.
Fall Ball Coordinator
- Oversee the Fall Ball program. This includes managing the registration process, finding managers for the appropriate teams, responding to parent inquiries.
- Build team by assigning players to teams at the appropriate skill level, with focus on competitively balancing the teams. Provide equipment and balls to managers, and work to create the practice schedule for all teams.
- Work with other district leagues to find interleague partners for standard Fall Ball and work with District for Elite Fall Ball. Work with other participating leagues to create a game schedule. Determine field preparation guidelines for applicable field and train managers on field prep as necessary.
Baseball Training Coordinator
- Plan player skills development and coaching clinics
- Develop training materials that can be provided to coaches.